Sunday 19 February 2012

,

Perfect Porridge

I love Porridge in winter. There is nothing better to warm me up in the morning, especially when I am about to brave the freezing temperatures on my bike. As an added bonus, it keeps me full for quite a while because otherwise my stomach starts complaining at the very latest half way through my second lecture. Apart from that, its cheap and yummy.

So, this is how I make my porridge. It takes about 10 minutes which I can just about fit into my morning routine (especially since I tend to make my lunch while the porridge is bubbling).


For two people, you will need:

1 cup of oats ( = 100 g)
1 cup of water (=230 ml)
1.5 cups of milk (=350 ml)

As a topping, I like to add honey. Other people I know swear by cocoa powder, jam, sugar, mashed banana, chopped fruits, cinnamon and raisin, apple sauce or nothing at all.

  • Mix all the ingredients ( excluding the honey ) in a saucepan and bring to a boil over afairly high heat. I tend to set my stove to 5 out of 6 but if you have more time, you can set it lower. Less chance of burning ;) 
  • Once it is bubbling, leave it to boil for about 3-4 minutes until it sounds like you are standing next to a lava mudpool and the porridge has distincly thickened. Keep stirring occasionally! I boil my porridge about 9 minutes.
  • Pour the porridge into two bowls and add your favorite topping. Enjoy and have a good day :)

1 comment:

  1. Das sieht echt gut aus! Muss ich nächstes Mal auch so machen.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.