Friday 6 April 2012

Here be dragons!



I thought I'd start a new little series and present you some of my favourite blogs. Great projects need supporting after all :) And no, I'm not being paid for this, some of these bloggers might not even know my blog.


First up is a real little treasure which is still fairly new so I think it needs support the most. Iris started “Here Be Dragons” to document the painting of her new flat. Sounds boring? Wait until you see what she does with it. I'm not talking “ a green wall in the kitchen and a pink border in the bedroom.” Oh no, we are talking elves here, dragons, gnomes, plants and pirates. You see the little fellow peeking out from behind a door above? That kind of thing.


I watched her paint her last flat and the result was fantastic, in all meanings of the word. I wish I could have visited her. I would have loved to take a tour and peek into all the corners to discover the magical creatures hidden there.


She has since branched out a little. Not only does she show some of her great watercolours, she is also experimenting with making her own pigment from plants and minerals. Mixed in with that are photographs, recipes and origami.


As I said, the blog is very new but I'm expecting great things here. Have a look over and make sure you click on “Anderswelt” (= Otherworld in German) in the sidebar. It will show you the pictures of the flat being painted!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea...I actually referenced you on my blog this past Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it and it made me very happy. Thank you Gerri :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cool, love those paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. If I could paint and was allowed to, I would totally hide some elves in the corners of my flat.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.