I got awards! It makes me happy :) Obviously, getting them comes with a certain responsibility so here is my post to accept them:
The first one comes from Umbra at Umbras Schattenwelt, a lovely german blog about her life and all the lovely things she makes. Her blog is really worth checking out, especially if you have a disposition towards black lace and melancholy pictures.
The rules of this award are the following:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2.Link to the person who gave you the award.
3. Pass the award on to 10 bloggers. –> I’m going to cheat on this because I don’t like set numbers like this ;)
4. The award should only go to blogs with less than 250 readers.
The second award was given to me quite a while ago *embarrassed cough* Well, better late than never so here it is:
Funnily enough it has the same name but a different picture and different rules, which are somewhat more complicated. It was given to me by the Countess at A handfull of fairydust, another blog written by a lovely gothic girl ( even though she would probably dispute that. Don’t hit me, Countess)
The rules: Each person must post 11 things about themselves, answer the questions the tagger has set for you, create 11 questions for the people you tag and choose 11 people and link back to them. No tag backs.
The questions I was given first:
1. If you were given 100€ right now with the obligation that you have to buy something that makes you happy, what would you buy? I’d probably buy myself a nice bag for my camera since I don’t have one and really should. My poor camera lives in a crocheted hat. I’d invest the rest in a big ice cream and then finally have a really nice afternoon tea somewhere.
2. Your favourite movie? Wall-E. I have a serious weakness for children’s movies ;)
3. If you could become any fictional character for a day who would you want to be? Uh, difficult. Somebody with magic. I’d probably want to be Auraya from the “Age of the Five” trilogy by Trudy Canavan. I mean, she can fly just like that!
4. Is there an ethnical/political theme or agenda that is important to you? I have strong opinions on a whole number of issues but I’m not sure it really ties together to form a theme or an agenda.
5. Fish or birds? Birds.
6. Could you live for two weeks without your mobile and the internet without feeling that you lose contact to people that are important to you? Probably. I do keep a lot of contacts over the Internet but most of them not very regularly so two weeks wouldn’t really disturb the routine. I would miss the blog though.
7. Favourite item of clothing? A full-length black skirt. It’s the most comfortable thing ever, it looks good and I love wearing it. It is my default “I want to be comfortable at home” item of clothing.
8. Have you been kind to a stranger this week? I don’t know. I haven’t left the house much so that is hard to say…
9. Do you like old buildings? Oh yes, I LOVES old buildings!
10. Umbrellas or parasols? Umbrellas, living in London without one is impossible.
11. What was the last thing you have creativly made with your own hands? Cake! And little apple pies! And custard and more cake. I have baked a lot recently.
So,here are my 11 questions. I’m going to combine them with the “11 facts about you” and just sneakily answer them myself
1. How did you come up with your blog name? Since I found this quite difficult, I’m always curious about other peoples thought process. I fell in love with the word “indigo” and then tried to think of things I could do with it that did not end up in a sort of new age direction or linking me to the indian airline. Then I saw a picture of some of the whydahs, also known as “indigobirds” and just really liked the word. The singular was already taken so it had to be the plural.
2. What’s the first community you joined on the internet? In my case, this was a Tolkien Forum, about 10 years ago. I had a great time there and I spent hour and hours roleplaying, discussing the finer details of Middle Earth and making some great friends. I was lucky, it was such a tight knit small community that I was quite safe there, despite being only about 12 years old when I found it.
3.What are you currently reading? I am reading a whole host of things: “Gulliver’s Travels” by Jonathan Swift, “Higgs Force: Cosmic Symmetry Shattered” by Nicholas Mee, “History of Western Philosophy” by Bertrand Russell (that one will be on the list for a long time…) and I’m also listening to an audiobook called “Outliers” by Malcolm Gladwell.
4. Do you wear silly socks? I have to admit that only own black socks. Boring, I know.
5. Are you a list person? I most definitely am! I write lists for anything and everything.
6. Do you have an unusual hobby? I have to admit that I think right now, I don’t. That’s okay though, I only want to spend my time doing things I like, not doing things I think I should do for whatever reason.
7.Salt or Sugar? That one is hard for me, I love them both but only separately.
8.What is your best trick to get yourself out of a bad mood? I tend to go for a walk. Fresh air and some time to myself helps in 90 % of all cases. If that doesn’t work, I eat something and take a shower.
9. What is our favourite place in the world? This is going to be embarrassing: probably my bed. Don’t laugh, I feel safe there.
10. Do you eat a lot of salad? I absolutely love salad but I’m always wondering if I’m the only one. My friends actually laugh at me because I like it so much.
11.Do you have a secret trick to productivity? Lists, lots of lists and a timer to keep me on my task.
I’m going to nominate 11 people for the award but there is a twist: You get a choice which one you want. Since they are both called the same, that seems fair. If you don’t have much time or don’t feel like answering all the questions, just answer the first one. If you have a bit of time to spare and feel up to the task, take the second one. Ready? Here we go:
Fiona’s blog Life in Brief. It’s a lovely personal blog about her life, supplemented with gorgeous pictures.
Noctua’s blog Carpe Noctem: That girl has a talent for crafting, I tell you.
Lolou at Loulou downtown, another personal blog, this time from Canada.
The Hedgefairy at Teaparties and Fairytales: I think she makes about as many lists as I do. I like it.
Laura at Yumma Laura: If you are looking for a recipe, look no further. There will be something yummy here.
Leigh at It's a lovely life who blogs about life and especially her lovely two daughters.
Gerry at Illuminations. Gorgeous pictures, enough said.
I know it’s only seven but I don’t like sticking to rules anywhere so here we go.