Saturday 25 July 2015

Over at one of my favourite blogs, assortment, Carmella runs a weekly series called "Do what you can with what you have" and it's all about contentment and resourcefulness. Here is my addition to the series.




We strolled along the river and over the old railway bridge, the one where I once got lost in the pitch dark, at night, all alone. How different it feels during bright sunshine, with his hand firmly in mine. We turn off onto the little path, overhung by bushes, the one I always run past and wonder about. Under the branch, over the stile, round the bush and suddenly it opens up in front of us. A big, wide pasture, recently mowed, with it's lush green grass triumphing over the many yellow lawns in our little back gardens. It smells warm, and dry, of summer and grasses and sunshine. Over at the side, spared by the mowers, stands an abundance of wild flowers. Greedily I pick, yellows and whites and purples and greens. Long, fine grasses and thick green stems, until I have to use both hands to hold it.
On the way home people smile at me, and my bundle. A little bit of summer, for my home, just waiting to be found.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! So glad you found this experience, the flowers, and the beautiful words to go with them! I love that you joined in with the Friday series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It has really inspired me to look for the little things in life, and to think of a solution that doesn't involve going out and buying something. So often, it's easier but unnecessary. Just looking around today I could think of three more things that would fit.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.