Friday 8 June 2012

,

Recycling old shirts

I know you have probably seen this everywhere but I’m a slow girl and only just got round to trying it.

shirt yarn 1

When putting away the laundry this afternoon, I found this top. I’ve worn it plenty but now the hole in the front is getting a bit big and it isn’t really in a great place to fix it. So I decided to make some yarn out of it and keep it for future projects. Yarn? Yes!

Shirt yarn 4

First, I cut of the hem and the top part with the arms. All that was left was a sort of rectangular tube which used to cover my stomach. Then I grabbed some scissors and started cutting it up in a spiral, making one looooooooooooooooooooong strip out of it. I just cut right across the seams which do seem to hold together well.

Shirt yarn 2

Then all I had to do was roll up the resulting yarn and store it for future projects. Next on the list: Learn to crotchet so I can actually use it.

shirt yarn 3

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this before! And I think it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's brilliant too. Unfortunately I can't claim that I invented it, I saw it somewhere on a blog.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.